Thursday, April 7, 2011

Phase 2 for the craft studio

There are some days that I just don't feel I have anything to say. That's the way I've been feeling. However, the dynamic builder Don stopped by (with his sidekick Dolly) and measured for phase 2 of my craft studio. I am so excited!! There are slots ono each side that are 12 x 12 which will hold my scrapbook papers. Lots of cupboard storage above to hold more supplies, etc. To the left of the desk will be a bookcase with a cupboard on the lower section to hold the finished 12 x 12 albums. Let me just say I am so excited for this!! These new cabinets will make my craft studio flow so much nicer than it does now. I will be so excited to work in it! Which I can't do too much of right now as a large portion of my supplies are still in boxes.

On Saturday, I am taking a class at "KEEP ME IN STITCHES" quilt shop. It's a small case that holds a disposable diaper and it has a changing pad that you make to match. It's really cute. I wouldn't have to take the class except for there are a few new techniques that I want to learn. Picture to follow....

Then after class Miss R and Miss G are coming over to work on a necklace we purchased supplies for a number of weeks back at the fabulous "GLASS ONION STUDIO". My dear friend Mrs. Magilicuty(alias)owns this wonderful shop with her husband. Saturday is being called "BEADS AND WINE", because we intend to have several glasses of wine while visiting and creating!! That and a yummy pizza!!

I also wanted to show this picture:



Remember the Sister Weekend in Chippewa Falls? Well, we also made hula hoops and then had a competition. Was it cheating that I already won a hula hoop contest with my high school friends during our annual Wii games? I think it's fair.

This picture is Miss G and she was the runner up. Well...I won the sister weekend contest. Here is a photo of my prize for that....minus the candy that has been consumed. The second picture is my previous trophy!!





Almost forgot!! My beautiful grandaughter had a dance recital on Tuesday night. We went to see it and she was adorable. This is definately one of the joys of being a grandparent!!


Next project....a new recipe for tonight and a beaded pin basket. When finished I will share.

Are you working on anything special?

3 comments:

  1. Have fun and have a glass of wine or two for me! That is some trophy for your hula hooping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet comments for my nephew Jordan. He continues to improve daily, but does have a long road ahead of him.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pig with wings! Hey thanks for the glue tip for my doll house...but where can I find it?
    Thanks, Debbie

    ReplyDelete