Saturday, January 15, 2011

Great Day to Start a Blog!

With a little help from my favorite daughter, my blog is up and running.  Why is it that our children know more about the electronic world than we do!!!  At one time I was very up to date on those things, but not anymore.  What would I do without her!  

Anyway, I have one daughter and a step daughter.  My stepdaughter, Tiffany, has a beautiful family.  A loving husband and two beautiful children ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2.  She is expecting a third at the end of June.  My biological daughter is about to start a new chapter of her life.  In February she will start cosmetology school.  She is extremely talented and I think that this is going to be a good way to channel that talent.  She has had a rough couple of years but is on her way...look out world! 

My husband owns his own business (excavating) and is retired.  He got the NOOK color for Christmas and he has been reading a lot lately.  And me, well I work in the school system as a secretarial aid. 

We live on three acres of land that is composed mostly of a pond, a huge pole building, a shop, our house and my garden.  After many years, my garden is coming together.  Last year was the best it looked until I got the idea of raising chickens.  To date, we have 13 chickens!  This past summer they destroyed most of my garden!!  They trampled the bark down to nothing!  When I think of it, I have to chuckle....I guess I can't have it all.  First thing this spring we will build a fence around their playground.  Hopefully my garden can be salvaged!  One good thing, with all that chicken manure, everything is fertilized really good!! 

We have two dogs...a good dog and a bad dog.  Snickers is my boy and Tinkerbell belongs to Jessica.  She is the bad dog! 

I would have to say that my favorite day of the week would be Sunday - going to church and seeing my church family and then to my moms for lunch with my sister and her family.  Our church is going through a major change right now as our Pastor has just retired, we have an vacancy pastor right now with our new pastor coming in on February 7th.  God is leading us through these changes and we will be okay. 

So that is a little bit about me.  Yup, it's a good day to start a blog and I am glad you have taken the time to read it!  What a wonderful world it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment