Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Well, it's been awhile and I feel badly about that. As I was doing my daily blog surfing, I realized that the blogs I really didn't care about were the blogs that didn't 'daily' blog....or even weekly!! Then I looked at my own and there it was... my last blog date. FEB ONE. Sad, sad state of affairs.... So I decided that even though I have a lot of bloggy work to do on my blog, I am going to keep it going in spite of my frustrations!!

So...here it is! We are having another snow fall. The spring fever is settling in. I look at some other blogs, those in warmer climates, and my heart aches for the budding of flowers.

I am in the process of redesigning my studio. It's a small studio-only 9 1/2 by 12. One window. And I have a lot of supplies. Even though I clean and try to straighten, it just doesn't ever seem to look nice. Work space is limited. So I am taking the plunge and having some things built that hopefully will work. My first piece is 7 foot long. This will be my major work station. To the right of where I sit, there will be one or two drawers and below that a cupboard with a pull out to hold my sewing machine and my serger. To the left will be eight narrow drawers for all the tiny little pieces I use for scrapbooking. Tomorrow we are going over to the builder's (aka Don married to Dolly who is Honey Baby's sister and a master craftsman) to bring the drawer slides. Top 'o the line!! Heavy duty. I will see the cupboard as far as he is. The next step will be to design the 'hutch' above this piece. I am very excited!! I will take a picture of the in progress piece. Stay tuned for more . . .

I have also been getting ready for the Annual Sister Half Way Weekend. This is a weekend of crafting with my crafting sisters!! We head to a hotel in Chippewa Falls and craft for four days!! We do a little junk shopping as well. It is always a great time. Anyway, I am making my weekend a sewing weekend so I have been getting all the supplies together that I need. Patterns, material, thread, accessories....I have quite a few projects....not that I will finish them all, but I hope to get a lot done!!! More on that to come as well . . .

The possibility of me losing my day job is quite high. You see, I work in the public school system. I don't want my blog to be a soap box for political views, but seeing that this is my blog, I am going to make one comment. I am not a teacher, I am support staff. It still affects me. Govenor Walker's bill is going to hurt people like me. I'm not yet ready for retirement and I need my health insurance badly. I don't make a lot of money and I will be paying for some of this health insurance. That's okay. What really bugs me is that if I lose my union, I will lose my seniority, my personal day and my sick days. This is a sad time in our history. I just pray that God directs all of those government people that will change my (and others like me)life forever. God's will be done.

Well, until tomorrow....be good to your neighbor...you never know what's going on in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment