Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One Week Old....

One week ago today a little RAYA*SUNSHINE came into our lives. She came in at 9lbs 9oz and we are so happy to have met her!! Yes, a grandchild...born to Jessica and boyfriend, Jon. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. I think I owe an apology for not blogging for SO long!!! Proper etiquette would have been to leave on note on my blog explaining my sabitical...but I didn't. I apologize and I will try to not let it happen again.

Now....introducing Raya Grace


When your 21 year old, single daughter plops on your bed and says, "Mom, I don't want you to freak out, but I have something to tell you..." I immediately thought something much worse than this. Truth be told, it took me a while to adjust, but only a while!!! A baby is a gift from God and she is a part of me and I couldn't be happier. Isn't she beautiful!!!

With our new addition, comes a lot of changes in our house. My 'spare' bedroom (aka junk room) turned into a nursery. Now when I walk through my house there are bouncies, bibs, nookers, bottles and all kinds of things laying around. Truth be told, I thought I would be able to keep my home cleaned up and nice and tidy....just the opposite. My daughter's boyfriend also lives with us (he's a great cook!) so our almost empty nest just filled up!! It's our perfectly imperfect family....life is good.

This all reminds me of a saying I once read, "Make God laugh....tell him your plans..."

What have the last nine months of your life been up to? I would love to hear about them!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie. I love the name.

    I've been neglecting my blog lately too. I just don't seen to have the energy or inclination to plan and write a post.

    We are heading your way Thursday for our annual fall trip. Maybe I'll see you, if not we'll wave on the way past.... :)

    ReplyDelete